2018 New Holland Agriculture Rolabar® Rakes 258
Call for Price
New Holland Agriculture
Rolabar® Rakes 258
- Rolabar® Rakes Leave No Hay Behind: You won't leave any hay behind with the New Holland Rolabar® rake. Its unique design allows the tines to more closely follow the ground contours, while leaving the dirt in the field. The result is cleaner hay and more of it. Combine two Rolabar rakes with New Holland's model 252 rake hitch and double your productivity.
Main Model Features
- Larger Models 258 and 260: Choose from ground or hydraulic drive on the 258 and 260 models; both have a raking width of 9 feet, 6 inches. The 258 is left delivery, while the 260 delivers crop to the right. The hydraulic drive lets you tailor basket speed to crop conditions, regardless of tractor ground speed.
Structural Benefits Features
- Clean Raking, with Easy Height Adjustment: Offset wheels on the Rolabar® rakes are set close to the basket, so the tines closely follow the ground contours for cleaner raking. Height-adjustment cranks permit easy raising or lowering of either side of the basket for ideal ground clearance. Crank arm locks prevent arms from changing position over rough terrain.
- Built For Tough Use and Long Life: The ground-driven models use heat-treated gears and heavy-duty universal joints that require only minimum lubrication. Single ball bearings on the models 57 and 256, and double ball bearings on the models 258 and 260 provide long life and low maintenance.
- Easily Customize Windrow Density: Proven basket suspension on all models provides a full range of settings. Move the ball control to the top position and tines tilt forward for fluffy, fast-drying windrows. Or move the ball control down and tines tilt rearward to produce more compact windrows.
- Plenty of Options: To customize your Rolabar® rake, a variety of options are available, including: • Flow control kit for hydraulic rake • Dual wheel attachment • Stripper bar support • Wide tire adapter • Dolly wheels
- Raking width ft. in. (mm): 9'6" (2896 mm)
- Width overall ft. in. (mm): 11' (3353 mm)
- Height overall ft. in. (mm): 4'4" (1321 mm)
- Length overall ft. in. (mm): 10'1" (3073 mm)
- Wheel Tread ft. in. (mm): 5'6" (1676 mm)
- Transport Speed mph (km/h): 20 mph (32 km/h)
- Operating Speed mph (km/h): 2 to 7 (3 to 11) On hydraulic models: 2 to 10 (3 to 16)
- Weight, approx. lbs. (kg): 850 (386) less tires
- Main frame in. (mm): 4 (102) channel, cross-braced with heavy tubular members
- Basket: One piece; welded heavy steel angle
- Basket drive: Ground or hydraulic
- Gearbox (ground drive): Heat-treated gears and clutch running in grease on tapered roller bearings
- Drive Housing: None
- Tine bars: 5, extra-heavy high carbon
- Tines: Steel or rubber-mounted (only rubber-mounted available on hydraulic models)
- Number of tines: 100 or 155
- Tine Bar Bearings: Double ball bearing
- Drive: Ground or hydraulic
- Delivery: Left-hand
- Tractor requirement hp: 30
- Hitch type: Drawbar
- Standard safety equipment: Reflective strips front & rear; safety tow chain
- 11 ft. (3353 mm)
- 850 lb. (386 kg)
- Recommended HP
- 30 hp