2018 New Holland Agriculture 100 Series Box Spreader 185
Call for Price
New Holland Agriculture
100 Series Box Spreader 185
- The Industry's Best-Selling "strong Boxes": New Holland box spreaders — known as strong boxes — are engineered to produce an even spread pattern and are built to last. These top sellers have the toughest floors and sides of any spreaders available, featuring steel that is more corrosion-resistant and stronger than ordinary steels for unmatched durability.
Box Spreader Features
- Engineered For Durability: Building the best box spreaders in the industry means providing the rugged construction needed for reliable performance. It starts with extra steel frame members in the spreader's undercarriage for increased box strength, plus, standard heavy-duty axles with high-strength steel plates and spindles for reduced frame stress.
- Sturdy Steel Adds Strength: The A-frame hitch made of high-strength, lightweight steel extends far back under the bed. This directs pulling forces to the axles and carries the load instead of pulling it. The brawny, formed steel frame member protects the front of the floor. For easy servicing, the box spreader's axles are a separate component from the box.
- Long-Lasting Corrosion-Resistant Sides: With sides and endgates made of special steels, New Holland box spreaders are four times more corrosion-resistant and twice as strong as ordinary steels. These maximum-strength side sheets are designed without ribs for easy-cleaning. Optional slurry sides — a New Holland exclusive — increase capacity by approximately 25 percent and reduce splash over.
- Low Maintenance Floating Floor: A unique floating floor, made of 3/4-inch x 6-inch high-density polyethylene tongue-and-groove planks, expands and contracts without putting stress on the frame or sides for less box spreader wear. The rugged floor is acid- and mold-resistant, plus it won't rot, warp, chip, crack, peel or splinter, making it extremely low maintenance.
- Customizable Features: Choose either heavy-duty T-rod or pintle-type apron chains to match your spreading conditions. With convenient rotary quadrant control, the operator can set the apron speed from the tractor, including neutral, slow-unloading, fast-unloading or clean-out positions. An optional hydraulic drive on models 185 and 195 provides even more variable spreading rates.
- More Heavy-Duty Features: Additional New Holland box spreaders features include: • A rugged, heavy-duty jack mounted inside the hitch channel for added protection swings out of the way for transport. • Up to 12 high-strength steel beaters that minimize breakage. • Bolt-on paddles that provide knife-like cutting and shredding actions for a wide, fine spread pattern. • A reliable straight-line, V-belt drive runs quietly and smoothly, eliminating the need for a slip clutch.
- Industry-Exclusive Guarantee: Standard with every New Holland box spreader is a special Bonded Protection guarantee on the floors and sides for twelve years. This no-hassle guarantee offers free replacement of the floor or sides if they fail within twelve years of the original dealer purchase. No one else offers this type of protection.
Capacities (ASAE Ratings According To ASAE Std. ASAE S324T)
- Heaped, single beater, cu. ft (m³): 278 (7.87)
- Heaped, double beater, cu. ft. (m³): 342 (9.68)
- Struck level, cu. ft. (m³): 170 (4.81)
- Struck level, slurry sides, cu. ft. (m³): 225 (6.37)
- Bushels - Old Rating: 275
- Maximum net load lb. (kg): 13,000 (5897)
- Inside width of bed, inches (m): 60.9 (1.55)
- Overall width, inches (m) (w/11.00x22.5 tires): 97 (2.46)
- Inside bed depth, top of flare, inches (m): 22.6 (0.58)
- Inside bed length, inches (m): 192 (4.48)
- Overall length, inches (m): 268.1 (6.81)
- Height to top of upper beater, inches (m): 62.8 (1.59)
- Wheel tread, inches (m) (w/11.00x22.5 tires): 82 (2.08)
- Power, minimum PTO horsepower (kW): 60 (45)
- PTO speeds, RPM: 540/1,000++
Number Of Apron Speeds
- Mechanical drive: 2 (plus 1 slow-speed option)
- Hydraulic drive: Infinite
- Fast fpm (mpm): 8 (2.44)
- Slow fpm (mpm): 4.5 (1.37)
- Hydraulic fpm (mpm): 1-13 (0.3-3.9)
- Optional Slow fpm (mpm): 2.24 (0.68)
Number Of Beater Paddles
- Number of Beater Paddles: 12
- Hubs only, pounds (kg): 2,670 (1214)
Apron Chain Availability
- T-Rod: Standard
- Pintle: Optional
- Pintle chain, single: D667-X Heavy Duty
- Hydraulic drive orbit motor displ. in³/rev (cm³): 5.9 (96.7)
- Pintle chain, double: NA
- Hydraulic drive orbit motor flow limit gpm (lpm): 15 (57)
- Hydraulic drive flow divider relief pressure psi (bar): 2000 (138)
- Hopper Capacity
- 278 cu.ft. (7.87 m³)